Key Advantages AF 2 versus AE / AF 3
AF 2 Telma Retarder has been specially designed to suite vehicles below 3.5 tons:
...a new market segment for Telma Retarder.
- The AF20-25 is compact (250mm x 250mm).
- Compare AF2 top side mounted at same altitude than AE creates 95mm ground clearance.
- Compare AF 2 axis mounted at same altitude than AE creates additional 48 mm ground clearance.
- The AF20-25 is light weight: 52 kg + 3 kg (brackets + silent-blocks).
- The AF20-25 can be mounted on high speed application : up to 5.000 rpm
- The AF20-25 offers more brake - torque than AE with 60 % activated : 250 Nm
- The AF20-25 is plug & play concept of installation. Brackets assembled with possibility to adjust the bracket angle.
- Suited for the new Telma Control System called iRCS, compatible for J 1939 (ODB II).
- Available starting April 2013, full production ramp up during Q 4 or 2013.